The ACSOS Steering and Organizing Committees have been monitoring the situation surrounding COVID-19, and considering what impact this may have on events scheduled for later in the year, such as ours. We are aware of the restrictions and uncertainty that people are facing, and therefore want to take this opportunity to offer some certainty to the community.
We would first like to express our empathy and condolences with those affected by COVID-19 so far, and those who will have a difficult 2020. Our primary concern is that members of our community, and their families and friends, remain safe and well. Secondly, our aspiration is to enable our whole international community to have, as much as possible, a stimulating and equitable opportunity to share and discuss their work and ideas in the areas of autonomic and self-organizing computing systems.
At this point we would like to announce and confirm that:
* The conference will take place, and on its original dates in August.
* There will be an opportunity to present virtually, for anyone who cannot or chooses not to travel.
* All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by IEEE, regardless of whether a physical or virtual presentation is given.
* The paper submission deadline will be extended by 1 month, in order to support authors to still produce their best work, despite the additional challenges that many of us are facing at the moment.
* Whether the conference becomes entirely virtual or a hybrid is a decision that we will make when we know more, and by early June at the latest. This is to ensure people have ample time to make travel arrangements, in the case of physical attendance.
* In the tradition of ICAC and SASO, which merged to form ACSOS, ACSOS will continue to be an IEEE sponsored conference, regardless of whether the conference becomes fully virtual this year.
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 is evolving rapidly, it is unclear what things will be like in the late summer. Therefore, we hope you find the above clarifications helpful, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to monitor the situation carefully.
We invite novel contributions related to the fundamental understanding of autonomic computing, self-adaptation, and self-organization along with principles and practices of their engineering and application. We would like to announce that selected papers from ACSOS 2020 will be invited for extensions in ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS).
Dear ICAC and SASO Community,
As you probably have already heard, the IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC) and the IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO) have decided to merge as a single event starting from 2020. The goal is to unify and consolidate the community working in the areas of autonomic computing, self-adaptation, and self-organization. The name of the new event is International Conference on Autonomic Computing and Self-Organizing Systems (ACSOS).
We are happy to announce that the first edition of ACSOS will take place in Washington DC (USA) from August 17 to August 21, 2020. The goal of ACSOS is to provide a forum to share and present experiences, discuss challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research in all areas related to autonomic computing, self-adaptation, and self-organization.
You can also find general information about the conference series at: https://acsos.github.io/
As a valued member of the ICAC and SASO community, we hope that you will continue participating and supporting the joint conference. We encourage you to spread the news about the merger and consider submitting a paper to ACSOS 2020 and attending the conference. We look forward to seeing many of you in Washington D.C. and celebrating together the foundation of the new conference!
Samuel Kounev and Ada Diaconescu ACSOS Steering Committee Co-Chairs
Stay in touch and receive all important news and Call for Papers: https://lists.uni-wuerzburg.de/mailman/listinfo/acsos
|Statement about COVID-19Wed 18 Mar 2020|
|ACSOS 2020 in ACM TAASWed 18 Mar 2020|
|Announcement of the new ACSOS ConferenceWed 18 Dec 2019|
|Register for the ACSOS mailing listWed 27 Nov 2019|